Tuesday, March 15, 2005

challenge in the blogosphere

find it here, courtesy of forgottenmachine.

i like a good challenge. here's my response, for posterity.

Kore
Archetypal every-woman,
Figure Enthroned circa now,
circa sepia tones, her knees
& the way she holds them,
parallel, a sphinx.

Still-Life: Supervillainess
with White Dog.
Featureless, characterless,
an ancient Kore resurfaced.

Movement is evident &
surrounds her limbs; her sphere
revolves. Light & shadow break away
& turn on each other. She's
the chiaroscuro in the nightmare,
shape of evening waiting
with the Dog-star.



this poem took 1 cigarette to write. that's what, 7 minutes?



Chios Kore

4 little fish:

Blogger the wheel swam up to say...

Lovely poem. Charoscuro is a wonderful word too (I had to look it up, obviously). You must have an art history background to have known that one within 7 minutes.

4:38 PM  
Blogger Alexia Grey swam up to say...

thanks for dropping by my blog, nice poem, 7 minutes well spent

1:09 AM  
Blogger Hannibal swam up to say...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I found the poem interesting. It would take me two ciagrettes to write :) I love art too :)

Hannibal Barca

9:17 AM  
Blogger jenn see swam up to say...

yep, spent some of my (many) college years studying art. have a deep & special affection for the ancient stuff.

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home