Saturday, April 30, 2005

take me fishing because

there's nothing else like it.

as for actual fishing with a line & a lure, i've done it on occasion. i have one beautiful golden memory at a lake with my Grandpere catching sunnys in the shallows of a lake all rimmed with yellow reeds & goldenrod. splash, splash, sunlight. isn't that pretty?

there's nothing like Saturday morning TV. (it's afternoon now, so it's Laugh In, which is a bit different. Saturday afternoons tend to wander into old kung fu flicks or random scifi.) i watched an Animal Planet segment on Betta Splenden, the "siamese fighting fish". nature is so utterly varied & confounding. makes me want to know everything knowable. hmm.
incidently there was also a segment on Tasmanian Devils which will probably give me nightmares.

& of course there were these commercials, which in my fish-following state i found oddly poignant. what can i say, i get emotional over some strange things at times, & i was feeling nostalgic already. more on that later. for now i might check out SpeedGrapher, which seems to be a strange & distorted little tale.

2 little fish:

Blogger Carl V. swam up to say...

That SpeedGrapher site looks awesome. I added it to my favorites to check out later as I'm getting dangerously close to being late for work!!!

2:23 PM  
Blogger banzai cat swam up to say...

Yeah, fishing is nice. Though kind of frustrating, as I remember trying to get the fish to hook up.

"Here, fishy-fishie. Have a nice worm."

And I am terrified of hooks. Brrr!

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home