Sunday, May 22, 2005

cue theme music, title sequence.

another episode of "thoughts, comments, shrieks of outrage" for your fishing pleasure.


in the vast ranges of Nothing in Particular
maps freckled with mountains
carve red-lined interrogatories
out of the sand. sand? what sand?
sand at the edge of oceans?
there it is roaringly quiet, & if I
sit very still the wind
tosses my hair
like a photo shoot,
a classic moment--what color is it?
though i am
in this room & the sea is
out there.
sand of desert where there are
footfalls &
actually mostly rocks,
stones wedged in my aperture,
stopping my tongue &
falling like boulders
into conversation.

1 little fish:

Blogger transience swam up to say...

i love striking images that go with striking verses. this was way off my "kickass" scale. thanks, jenn.

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home