Tuesday, May 17, 2005

scraps of fish: Chapters part the Next.

Chapter 4: but why is the rum gone?

da dum da dum da dada da dum
a face behind a moving window,
telephone lines swooped & curving in reflections.
cue soundtrack, those are my eyes.

I've nothing to dig my hands into.
if I was making speeches I
would
design
new
words
that zip & explode,
that unzip & envelop,
that bloom nastily,
&
your eyes thrown open by the farce of an ear,
the force of teeth & tongue,
all
at
work
on
your
will
with the elegant seduction
of rhetoric
look
here it comes
here
it
comes.

just think I'm thinking here thinking of things & I think I hear you--
no.
too soon.

too soon to make sense?
too soon.

but darling it's December again.


Chapter 5: ah the might of the common cold.

come one come all to this playground,
low as he-said, she-said,
high as monkey bars & third eyes blinking.
look, you
can
tell
by
her
eyes
she's
some
where
else.


indeed, another installment of Hey look what i found in my old journal.
for convenience's sake, & as a shameless way to elicit compliments, the sidebar has been updated with links to the writings of we fisherpeople. hopefully this will soon come to include the Adventures of Lieutenant Drinkwater, & possibly even the Adventures of Jerry & Rocket Boy, the brainchild(ren) of fishies on this end. we shall see.

4 little fish:

Blogger Carl V. swam up to say...

Very cool! I could do with an explanation of how 'Chapters' came to be, etc. which is probably somewhere on your site if I just wasn't too daft to look.

And anything with a 'Rocketboy' in it is sure to excite me!

3:05 PM  
Blogger jenn see swam up to say...

what did i just say?
sidebar, carl v, sidebar.

3:09 PM  
Blogger banzai cat swam up to say...

I like chapter 5.

"she's
some
where
else."

I can almost hear the sigh.

3:51 AM  
Blogger Carl V. swam up to say...

I thought 'sidebar' was some kind of new snack....sorry...

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home