Thursday, October 20, 2005

a fish for mysfit

Dangerous weather

she wept down in her pile of coats
he called over somewhere past Iowa but no other time zones
she laughed & dragged strangers to meet me wearing black
he hailed from London & dug deep in my false red hair
& we drank walking on the waters of here-too-long & full of tales

& when morning sidles up clutching late-night snow like a baptism shift
her full-moon blooming a virgin eye in heaven
she called me over waves of brightness like a heat haze
she spoke in terms of waiting voice crackling like a hearthfire
& she revealed to me her morning was a loss we were exposed

& when all these faces break like waves on the walls
she makes them eggshell walls alley walls punctured with memory's postcards
she builds me a gallery & I draw her down into letters
& she steals him & he flashes in the fiery pan & fades
like a breaker at our kissing toes in grey sand

Autumn 2002

3 little fish:

Blogger Carl V. swam up to say...

Very good...This is one in which there are many individual lines that I like just for themselves, irregardless of their relationship to the rest of the poem. One of my favorites: "we drank walking on the waters of here-too-long".

8:32 AM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

ahhh my dear aesthtic detail, you talk to me of pages passed who i once was and will never be again

12:50 PM  
Blogger jenn see swam up to say...

but you are always you. & i am always me. & so on.

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home