Tuesday, November 15, 2005

me me me me me me me

still being clever i guess, since i've been tagged (i still like the idea of internet freeze-tag though i have no idea how it would work out... )

i wrote out the incremental flashback thing back in June...so this is a cheap version of the meme.
ha! i'm cheating. but mine's illustrated, so that's ok.

10 years: November 1995, still in the earlier throes of high school, to be honest, kinda a blur because i think had newly discovered the stoner existence. lots of wandering on the beach. ah Monique, do you still remember the Wabbit Place? i was still hopelessly in love with someone who had left me. started wearing bellbottoms that i'd found in the attic at my grandmother's house. some of my family was still alive, & some had not yet been born. everything was different yet i'm still that girl.

5 years ago:


New Brunswick, fall 2000.

drunk & confused. much drama & wine. drama. more drama. it was an intense time, as other local(ish) fishes may recall. for Halloween i had been an angel in beautiful wings & stragically draped sheets.

1 year ago: November 2004, living in Staten Island but still working at the New Brunswick Theatre (they really spell it that way). it was just sort of...life, much like it is now, only...less exhausted. limbo-like.


NY, November 2004.

yesterday i was a recluse, disappearing into other places via the mind, specifically Renaissance Italy & cartoon Springfield. what am i hiding from? today i argue with my recalcitrant email, finish cataloguing a coin collection, make plans to see Hamlet tonight & Harry Potter at midnight Thurdsay. tomorrow will be like today only different.

5 yummy things? i like yummy things. red wine, most varieties of cheese, perfectly ripe fruit. hot mulled cider. anything i eat at a sidewalk cafe in Paris.

5 songs i know by heart...um..."It's the End of the World as We Know It", R.E.M.
there are others, but dammit that counts as five.

5 things i would do with a lot of money? travel, travel, travel, open a cafe, gleefully live the independently wealthy existence i've always thought i deserved.

5 places to escape to? my mind, Paris, Santorini, a private beach just about anywhere, the moon.
5 things i'd never wear? i dunno, i'l wear anything once...um...hi-top sneakers from the 80's. most brand logos. anything that qualifies as day-glo...no wait i'm lying, damn. never say never.

5 favorite TV shows: (going with things actually aired on american TV, since i've already babbled about anime this week) Farscape, the Daily Show, the Simpsons, the 1960's Batman, Get Smart.

5 things i enjoy doing: writing, photos, drinking, live music, conversations. (so then what have i been complaining about?)

favorite toys: the fish, my camera, Montezuma the flax-stuffed disco frog, pretty boys, & my Kuroneko-sama bobblehead.

who to tag, who to tag...(rubs hands together maniacally):
mr. nose
anne
skrambled egghead
phylos
jp

hah! suckers. you're frozen till you do this thing. pbbbbth.

8 little fish:

Blogger anne swam up to say...

Mwahahaha. I'm evil back. I've already done it too you see... and there can't be of us cheating. Mwahahaha. :)

7:04 PM  
Blogger anne swam up to say...

... there can't be two of us cheating.
god. I can't even be evil properly. pfft.

7:09 PM  
Blogger JP swam up to say...

Oo-er. Or indeed, Ugvvqz.

2:35 AM  
Blogger theleftsock swam up to say...

monkies are funny

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051111/ap_en_ce/people_john_cleese

8:30 AM  
Blogger jenn see swam up to say...

so is john cleese.
& lemurs.
who knew they were so intimately intertwined?

sorry about being the evil meme fairy.
blame mysfit, she tagged me...
& all the way back up the chain of memes to the Beginning...

2:14 PM  
Blogger the wheel swam up to say...

Doh! *gears turning*

All right then, I'll have at it. I did one of these once and it took forever, so I'm going to try to get through it quickly.

However, I'm calling frozen-immunity in order to publish a link. Next, I shall get to work. . .

8:16 PM  
Blogger phylos swam up to say...

I'm done

http://phylotopian.blogspot.com/2005/11/5-things.html

I've meandered a bit though

3:15 PM  
Blogger jenn see swam up to say...

i have to go take band photos & see Harry Potter but i swear i'll take my turn & the time to fully peruse your Posts of Unfreezing.

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home