Thursday, January 26, 2006

resolute fish

so fishies, how're those resolutions for this year going?

i'm not required to answer my own questions you know.

anyway, tangentially to that (er, is it a tangent if it was my point in the first place? hmmm.) there's a new hardcover edition of Good Omens coming out--i've mentioned it before:


new edition cover art.

& in honor of that--i guess-- the authors have posted the new year's resolutions of the demon & the angel.

which made me giggle.
they're far more interesting than my own.

6 little fish:

Blogger the wheel swam up to say...

COMMENT RE-POST (EDITED TYPO'S)

Hey Jenn. I finally started reading the entire Sandman series. I've been meaning to ever since I discovered this blog.

I've gotten through the first three volumes so far, and I am just loving it. His character development, and his insight into the lighter and darker (and even the darkest) sides of human beings is just amazing.

It's the first thing I've read in a while (albeit an extended comic book, in essence) that has actually made the hair on the back of my neck stand up on end. It seriously gives me chills, and strange dreams. . .

At any rate, I'm rambling here. I intend to read everything he's written. I'm reading American Gods as well right now.

oh, and btw, check out Re-Inventing the Wheel next week. I will be loading it up with pictures from my Colorado adventure.

3:22 PM  
Blogger theleftsock swam up to say...

hey, did you know that neil gaiman is reading at Temple in Philadelphia tonight? i just found out today, it's a shame i have to miss it but i wondered if anyone else was goin?

5:57 PM  
Blogger Carl V. swam up to say...

I've been looking forward to reading this again once the harback edition comes out. I have 2 softcover editions so I don't really NEED it but that won't stop me from purchasing it anyway!

12:09 AM  
Blogger jenn see swam up to say...

i might try to pick one up too (the crowley edition of course) because the paperback i have now (i've had many) is what i got signed--by both authors.
& i have a habit of wearing out books.
besides, could be a hardcover is easier to keep track of when lent out...

sock--i think i knew that, but i don't know why i knew that...

ghost--glad you're enjoying it, it's a really fantastic read, he's got a way of tapping into myths & uber-stories that i just love.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Carl V. swam up to say...

Enjoy Sandman and American Gods...both great reads! After you're done I recommend reading The Sandman Companion by Hy Bender, its entertaining and informative. The second time I read through Sandman I read the corresponding chapter in the Companion as I read and it was a cool experience.

8:25 PM  
Blogger jenn see swam up to say...

what is that, like, annotations?

if you can catch the Neverwhere BBC miniseries it's worth it...

2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home