Wednesday, February 22, 2006

russian fish

normally i'm not a horror-film-goer (i get nervous, i have enough already in my head to be panicked about, why add gore & jumping-out-things & dark corridors?) but Night Watch, which i think i've mentioned before, just looks too bizarre & inventive to resist. besides, it's technically described as "the first chapter in an epic fantasy trilogy", & we know i can't resist that.

& the first review i've seen says "good", & it's showing at the same theater where we saw Mirrormask...

(more info & a trailer not in quicktime...)

also, anyone remember me mentioning A Scanner Darkly? like, a year ago? yeah, new trailer for that, that's one night this summer i'll be happily inventing paranoiac futures...mr. reeves notwithstanding. (however dystopian my pretend future may be, i it's my future & i can keep kenunu out of it.)

8 little fish:

Blogger Carl V. swam up to say...

I'm really hoping Night Watch comes here to KC. Just came across the trailer the other day and was blown away. I've heard mixed reviews but it has kicked butt in Russia (I understand the sequel is also doing that right now) and I am prepared to really enjoy this.

5:36 PM  
Blogger jenn see swam up to say...

something has occurred to me...
this thing better be subtitled.

10:40 AM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

yes - i want to see - please let me see it...

11:26 AM  
Blogger Carl V. swam up to say...

From what I've read Night Watch is subtitled as is the sequel but there are rumblings out there that they may be filming the third one in English...weird.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Fence swam up to say...

Night Watch came out here towards the end of last year. It was subtitled here, and I'd say they won't change that for a US release. Mainly because they've made the subtitled part of the film. Changing the colour and size, and how long they remain on screen to acho whatever is going on in the film.

btw, I wouldn't really classify it as horror. Fantasy with horror elements :) because although there are some "ergh" bits, it is very far from a slasher.

And from what I've read Carl is right. The third one is going to be in English.

4:25 AM  
Blogger jenn see swam up to say...

i wonder what the reason is behind that? interesting.

i'll be sure to rant or rave accordingly as soon as i catch this...

1:11 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

saw nightwatch - liked nightwatch - fantasy suspense, not really horror - very russian, like a comic book...

10:37 AM  
Blogger jenn see swam up to say...

looked to me like it'd be kinda nightmare horror, dream-fantastic sorta. yesno?

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home