Monday, May 01, 2006

this fish is late for april

Happy May Day!


a maypole in Merrie England...

so i meant to post a few things afore April (aka poetry month) ended, specifically a new poem of mine & a piece on Anselm Berrigan & his possible goatee, but i'm, well, late for everything.
but i'm working really hard on my time machine, so hopefully i'll succeed in going back about a week & writing all the necessaries, at which point i'll be back waving flags of typeface.
if you don't hear from me again i've probably ended up in the 14th century.
physics was never my strong suit.

until then, i did manage to visit Rutgers' annual Agricultural Field Day, photos of which are going up on the tourist, all full of sunshine & so forth.

so entertain yourselves whilst i scamper off to stitch a poem out of loose change & flower petals & other bits of things that end up stuck like dead flies to the pages of my journal...

4 little fish:

Blogger Carl V. swam up to say...

Sometimes I really miss being a kid, and I always miss traditions when they fall by the wayside. When I was in elementary school, especially K-3rd grade, I remember betting May baskets every May 1st. Different mothers would always bring goodies to the school to celebrate May Day. I'm sad that my daughter never experienced that. Eventhough today it is a somewhat meaningless day I liked that it actually meant something, even if it was just popcorn and sweets, when I was young.

Let me know when you get that time machine built...I want to go back and visit some places/times.

10:24 AM  
Blogger jenn see swam up to say...

i definitely remember at least doing the maypole thing in grade school...they don't do that at all anymore?
shame.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Martyn swam up to say...

Belated Happy May Day from a passerby !

9:06 PM  
Blogger jenn see swam up to say...

why thankee.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home