Tuesday, February 08, 2005

So, my dear jenn see says that i should post my thoughts here so here goes...

1) Boring lives? People live boring lives by choice, well choice and laziness, which is sort of a choice. Every time I leave my house, an adventure awaits.
2) With technology, there are all sorts of ways to leave my house, without ever leaving my house.
3) Chaos happens whether we like it or not. Entropy, you know, the second law of thermal dynamics. So why fight it?
4) I would not make a religion of chaos. Better, a religion of order. But really, why worship either?
5) People have two choices in life: they either have to accept that everything happens for a reason, for some reason, or they have to accept that everything is meaningless. Causal or random, the choice is yours.
6) Quantum theory might just be the final theory of everything, too bad I will never understand it.
7)...........
8) Always follow the instructions.
9) Never ask for directions.
10)Don't step on the mushrooms.
11) Do something that scares you everyday.
12) Sometime being a day ahead on your calendar is a beautiful thing.
13) Avalanche (as in the hockey team) fact for Feb. 9th, 2005: David Aebischer played one season for his hometown team of Fribourg in the Swiss Elite League before being selected by Colorado in the 1997 Entry Draft.
14) this is not my favorite number
15) green is my favorite color. What's yours?
16) i think i think too much

2 little fish:

Anonymous Anonymous swam up to say...

wrt number 5 : my pet theory is that the big bang landed us with a random distribution of elements whose subsequent behavior was governed by the laws of physics - random *and* ordered!

2:00 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

As per #3, "ordered" is not the same as causal, nor is chaos the same as random, at least not in the way I man it. In a causal universe, things which seem random are still caused by something. The "random" in #5 is the oposite of causal, and therefore utterly without rhyme or reason.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home