Friday, June 23, 2006

good night sweet fish

dear jennsee,

thank you. i love you. i wish you peace.

love,
mysfit



it is with deep sadness that i come to the fish tonight. i keep trying to come up with the right words to describe what happened today but there are none. jennifer passed earlier today from what they think is a heart aneurysm. i don't have any comfort to give and i don't want any - not yet. she was a beautiful girl full of life and love and i just want to miss her for now. i miss her dearly.

40 little fish:

Blogger anne swam up to say...

there are no words, but my thoughts go to Oldben, her family, you... and to jennsee. a lot.

4:55 AM  
Blogger Fence swam up to say...

I don't know what to say, shocked comes close.

I'm so sorry for your loss, for everyone's loss.

5:38 AM  
Blogger kyknoord swam up to say...

And so we grieve. Not for the memories we have, but for the ones that will never be.

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous swam up to say...

I'm utterly stunned.

Since I joined the blogging world last summer, I've dreaded a loss like this.

Her passing is devastating to everyone around her. But I will hold to her everlasting brightness in her words here. A piece of her will always live.

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous swam up to say...

I'm very, very sorry.

A few months back, I was surfing "Next Blog" when I came across the Tourist. It was so vibrant, so full of life, that I was drawn back, again and again, and eventually to the Fish as well. On occasion, a photo would strike me in it's beauty or oddness, and a story was born.

Though we spoke in Comments a couple of times, I didn't know Jen, and I wouldn't pretend to have any idea what those closest to her are going through right now. But know this: I was a passing stranger, and her spirit was strong enough that I couldn't help but stop and take notice.

Godspeed,
c

9:54 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson swam up to say...

Oh my.........I feel like I've been hit by a truck. I too keep looking for the joke. This can't be real. I have come to know and love the three of you so much in the last year. Jenn See's pictures and writings and comments on both this site and my own have been a source of inspiration and joy that I cannot describe. I recently did that book/picture thing with one of her self-portraits and was just driving to work today thinking of a cool photo/art project thing that I wanted to do with her. I'm just sick, not for me but for you Old Ben and Mysfit. No words of can express what I feel or the depth of my sorrow for your loss. My love and my prayers go out to you both and to Jenn's family. I'm so very, very sorry.

11:11 AM  
Blogger LiVEwiRe swam up to say...

I'm wondering how long I'll sit here waiting for some sensible words to come, but I've just realized there aren't any. Not for this. You, OldBen, family and friends will all draw strength from one another when the time is right. And in time, you will find yourself passing on those thoughts and ideas you learned from Jenn; she will still be touching the lives and minds others. Deservingly so for such a unique and vibrant woman. I am truly sorry and know she will be missed.

12:33 PM  
Blogger IanBradley swam up to say...

friend isn't a strong enough word.
niether is grief.

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous swam up to say...

Thank you all for your kind words. I have been following the fish a very long time. And will miss my JennSee so much. Please keep her in your hearts. Cynthia(Jen's Mom)

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous swam up to say...

Upon the birth of my daughter last year, Jenn presented her with a copy of Longfellow's "Evangeline", copyright 1914. Inside, she wrote: "Something from my past to take into your future. All things sweetness and light- Jennifer".

From "Evangeline":

Part the Second, Canto 5

"So, when the fruitless search, the disappointed endeavor,
Ended, to recommence no more upon earth, uncomplaining,
Thither, as leaves to the light, were turned her thoughts and her footsteps.
As from a mountain's top the rainy mists of the morning
Roll away, and afar we behold the landscape below us,
Sun-illumined, with shining rivers and cities and hamlets,
So fell the mists from her mind, and she saw the world far below her,
Dark no longer, but all illumined with love; and the pathway
Which she had climbed so far, lying smooth and fair in the distance.
Gabriel was not forgotten. Within her heart was his image,
Clothed in the beauty of love and youth, as last she beheld him,
Only more beautiful made by his deathlike silence and absence.
Into her thoughts of him time entered not, for it was not.
Over him years had no power; he was not changed, but transfigured;
He had become to her heart as one who is dead, and not absent;
Patience and abnegation of self, and devotion to others,
This was the lesson a life of trial and sorrow had taught her.
So was her love diffused, but, like to some odorous spices,
Suffered no waste nor loss, though filling the air with aroma."

Goodbye, Jenn.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson swam up to say...

Cynthia, Jennifer's mom, I thought that someday you might want to go read other tributes to your daughter. They are located:

here

here

and

here

Your daughter was amazing.

1:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous swam up to say...

Thank you again one and all. We are in the process of setting up a scholarship fund that will allow her and her works to live on, their will be a website and donations that are made will be given in scholarship form to creative writers. More later the phone continues to ring

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous swam up to say...

You can count on me, Cynthia. We'll all help her live on.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Jay swam up to say...

What sad, shocking news.
Her comments and stories have always been a bright spot in my days.I know she is already missed, but I assure you that she will always be easy to remember. She took care of that herself.

1:48 PM  
Blogger jkirlin swam up to say...

Godspeed, my little friend. You will be missed terribly.

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous swam up to say...

My heart is with you and your family, Jennifer. I am probably one of the few -- other than your family -- who have watched you grow from a baby to a beautiful, talented person. Your mirrored your father in so many ways -- and now, in passing so young, but yet again...

Steve

2:38 PM  
Blogger Svetlana swam up to say...

I'm very sorry....

11:57 PM  
Blogger phylos swam up to say...

Ben, mysfit and all jenn's friends - my thoughts are with you, xx

8:04 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson swam up to say...

I have read and re-read the last paragraph of Jenn See's last post. They are so especially meaningful at this time:

so i will spend the next few days reveling in the past & in memories, collecting myself in the present, & looking to the future...which promises many new things & much Change, along with all that comes with these things

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous swam up to say...

I have visited Jenn's bloggers time and again to see her photos and read her words. I've always meant to post a comment, to share a thought, but I never did. She even mentioned my crappy wolf comic website and posted a link to it. "Ironic wolves" she called my characters. That put a grin on my face. Anyway, Jenn's freestyle photography and bloggers were an inspiration for me to start my own thing, my own movies and my own blogger. I have only just begun and I will continue to do so with Jenn in my thoughts.

Thank you, Jenn, for all you've shared and all you've been. You are missed.

Howls!
John

7:09 PM  
Blogger Erik swam up to say...

I remember jenn being very pretty and terribly clever...

9:15 PM  
Blogger Calvin swam up to say...

She was great. We had just talked about the new music festival in NY.She was great.

11:58 PM  
Blogger Rebecca Tacosa Gray-Sterling Parker swam up to say...

I didn't know Jenn very well, but she seemed like a lovely person, full of light and creativity. The inspiration and lively wit of her daily blog writing will be truly missed. I'm so very sorry. My thoughts are with you all. -SPX

5:41 AM  
Blogger Jozee swam up to say...

I was just getting to know Jenn through our collaboration on Web-Pix blog.
I found her wit and joyfulness enlightening.
I am so stunned to hear of her passing.
Please accept my deepest sympathies.
I am very sorry for your loss.

Josie Soho

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous swam up to say...

Henri Banks our Web-pix founder is away on vacation and was also deeply shocked and saddened to hear of Jenn's passing.

"Jenn was a member of of our blog family
for a brief time but was such a wonderful addition to our group. Jenn's photos showed great perspective and depth. Her spirit was and is incredible. She will be deeply missed."

Message from Henri Banks. Transcription by Josie Soho.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Prmod Bafna swam up to say...

I was only getting to know Jenn, taken by her photography and write and love for life and all that jazz :/ She will be deeply missed. Accept my sympathies, she will always be remembered

8:54 AM  
Blogger merlinprincesse swam up to say...

She will be missed by all the members of Web-Pix. We loved her for her nice photos but also for her nice personnality! I loved her very much! Rest in peace, baby. Seeya! :) MP

7:28 PM  
Blogger monkey 0 swam up to say...

I only just now heard. Mysfit, Oldben...

I don't know. I don't have anything to say. I wish strength to both of you. And someday, peace.

She is missed.

-Daniel

7:50 PM  
Blogger Clo swam up to say...

Back from a four days trip, I am in a shock to hear Jenn See is gone. I was just beginning to know her from her recent collaboration to Web-Pix, and she already had touch my heart with her kindness and softness.

I want to give to all members of her family and her friends my deepest sympathies. My thought are with you during those days. Sincerely,

Claudine

8:15 PM  
Blogger banzai cat swam up to say...

Oh. My. God.

I'm sorry for being late. (As usual.) But my condolences to family and friends.

And to jenn see, who I will always know as Witchhunter Robin (her description brought a smile to face then), thank you for letting me know you.

3:30 AM  
Blogger Ashish swam up to say...

Really sorry to hear what happened. She was a new member at web-pix, but loved by all. We are going to miss her.

8:19 AM  
Blogger dinesh swam up to say...

My condolences as well... we crossed paths but so briefly...

2:30 AM  
Blogger DeeM swam up to say...

I'm so very, very sorry.

DeeM. ~~hug~~

5:23 PM  
Blogger goldo swam up to say...

... pensées chaleureuses à vous ses amis, sa famille ...

6:46 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

thank you all for your kind words and for showing her family and friends and everyone how much she was loved and how you were touched - it's really important right now that we each share the beauty she showed us - whether in words or pictures or music or...

for myself, jenn and i started the fish so we could keep in touch and collaboration no matter where we were - so that's what i am going to continue to do. i am sad to say that the fish won't be nearly as interesting :)

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous swam up to say...

Carl V don't know if you are still checking in but thank you for your kind thoughts. Have checked out everything I can to see my girl. Still reeling. Probably will be for years to come. Cynthia

7:56 PM  
Blogger Mr G swam up to say...

My words are late because I hardly ever have time to blog much these days... This is one thing I truly never expected I would have to read... And as I write these words, I still cannot believe this really happened... Old Ben, Mysfit & Jenn's family, please receive my simpathies and I wish all the strength to overcome such a terrible loss... I know I'll never forget her... Somehow, when looking at things I used to think how would Jenn view them, would she make a pic out it and that kind of things... Now I know her eyes will be with me more than ever & forever...
ALL MY LOVE!!!

7:02 AM  
Blogger {illyria} swam up to say...

i've been so caught up in my own troubles, that when i came here to find just a little bit of light, i find, instead, a hollow. i am heartbroken. for someone a world away, jenn surely touched me. i hold all of you at the fish close to my heart. the most beautiful peace i wish for you, dearest jenn. xx.

~the girl FKA transience

9:20 AM  
Blogger Lorena swam up to say...

you are missed jenn see. such a beautiful soul you are. your light will always shine.

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous swam up to say...

Tomorrow it will be 6 years and you are with me every day. Miss you so very much my darling daughter.

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home