Thursday, June 01, 2006

update fish of the future

remember this?
well, this is me lying in the street, my dear little clock-maker bleeding from the ears.

ok so that's a little gruesome, but according to my fish i owe you an update on a little thing i like to call 'my life' or alternately: 'mysfit's life of doom'.

the lurking mandate of change has indeed taken the big metal fish of the future: and bashed me over the head with it - repeatedly. and as i was forewarned about this almost two months ago, i am totally and utterly...

...disarmed by this attack. but you already knew that, right?

it's finally happened! i've been offered a full-time job. after languishing for a year-and-a-half in the purgatorial hell of temp-hood ("job-shoppering"), one of my jobs has took pity on me and decided i'm worth giving benefits to. yay! it's not as much money as i like, nor exactly what i want to be doing, but it's a job! they offered it to me last wednesday, had to decide by friday and started yesterday - damn but life moves quickly once it gets off it's couch-potato ass. i asked my other boss about it on friday and he said it's a no-brainer... take it. ah well... i should have learned to play hardball, but

oh and i told you about that super-cool dude who wanted to move in - but no. not going to happen. there's just not enough space in my garage for him to do all his weldy-metally stuff and now that he quit his other job, he's a) unemployed; b) a contractor between assignments; c) a metalsmithing guy who needs a three-car garage; d) still a super-cool dude - so who am i to argue. it's ok though, we're going to move in with him. so my 'happy dance of not packing' has now (or soon will) turn into the frantic dance of oh-my-god-i-have-so-much-crap.

the bullshit part of this is that we told out landlord (read: property management company) that we weren't going to renew and in less than a week they put a "for rent sign" on our front lawn and a key box on my front door (which is just plain creepy)! and without telling us! we still have two months and i don't want some strange-ass woman with fifties poof and pink powersuit wandering into our house whenever she damn well pleases. (please don't be offended - i have a strange image of real estate agents). as far as i know, this may violate my tenant rights and i will not stand for it.

anyway, the end point of all this is that everything being insane right now, i'm going to be taking a short break from the fish.

i miss you already,
mysfit

6 little fish:

Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

yeah - this week was so bad that it wasn't until today that i realized that tuesday never happened

6:42 PM  
Blogger JP swam up to say...

Tuesday must be eradicated from the calendar.

Good luck with everything!

7:07 AM  
Blogger anne swam up to say...

yay, yay, and small price to pay! (especially if you will not stand for it, and I trust you really won't...)
Good luck with the whirlwind of things...!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson swam up to say...

Congrats Mysfit, you'll be missed though!

Don't envy you the moving bit...never any fun.

I would definitely check into your rights...if there is one thing I've learned is that landlords push the limits (or down right ignore them) all the time!

12:17 PM  
Blogger oldben swam up to say...

you should take a sledgehammer to that keybox. who cares? screw them.

btw

good luck!

7:51 PM  
Blogger LiVEwiRe swam up to say...

That's pretty nervy to put on a key box. I hope this all gets sorted out for you and goes smoothly. How fleeting that happy dance was. But I hear that punching a real estate agent helps that... ;)

(My word verif: ssfin... cool!)

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home