Thursday, May 04, 2006

that gobshite couldn't find his way out of a pillowcase

so i was looking through drafts and came upon a list of links i had added to and neglected to post - so here's a whirlwind account:

once upon a time, my fish had wandered over to fence's entertaining site, stumbling upon a fantastic title for a post - not from the site itself but from here. this title was so wonderful that my fish immediately copied it down and stared at it for hours, unable to decide how best to follow it. frustrated but not put off, my fish went to bed, (exciting, huh?) , and that night dreamed of the future. it dreamed of cloaking devices and though my fish could not taste the dream, it dreamed it could through the "Brain Port" a military scientist had installed on my fish's tongue.

(for those of you who wish to object to the non-temporal nature of this narrative and thereby, disprove its truthfulness, remember it is my fish we're talking about)

over the course, of the next few weeks, the post became a depository for links that my fish instantly fell in love with, copied and then just as quickly forgot (this is the sad part). it had become a graveyard of my fish's interests. soon, my fish even forgot about this post. left behind was the super-cool new keyboard, with its ultra-customizable LED display. if my fish could remember, i'm sure it would tell me why a link to Umbero Eco's writings was found in a dusty corner of this post or where to find Ben & Jerry's new flavors of ice cream: Black&Tan and Vermonty Python.

for now though, i think we will just have to move on as my fish has already packed its bags and left for an extended trip to Lithuania's new amusement park: Stalin's World. however, my fish left a farewell note:

"peel back the metal walls to see how it all works"

peace,
mysfit

4 little fish:

Blogger Fence swam up to say...

Nice title :) It did sorta make me blink at first wondering if gobshite had spread across the globe.

5:20 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson swam up to say...

Vermonty Python...gotta love that.

11:58 AM  
Blogger oldben swam up to say...

jenn just saved me from being sucked into the how it all works link at the end there....wow.............................................................................................................................................................................................................

7:49 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

yep ob - computers are amazinf things run by little men and dots - tryly astounding - i always thought there were hampsters in my machine....

1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home