Wednesday, April 19, 2006

this fish is scared...

...and wants to move to a far away and quite possibly imaginary land where nuclear means the opposite of unclear... (though i suppose in some very twisted way, you could argue that it does - everything gets very clear when you're dead or dying of radiation sickness)

The New Yorker: THE IRAN PLANS

- this is a very long article. i haven't finished it yet but i may have more to say on it when i do. for now:

"One former defense official, who still deals with sensitive issues for the Bush Administration, told me that the military planning was premised on a belief that “a sustained bombing campaign in Iran will humiliate the religious leadership and lead the public to rise up and overthrow the government.” He added, “I was shocked when I heard it, and asked myself, ‘What are they smoking?’ ”"

and

"Late this winter, the Joint Chiefs of Staff sought to remove the nuclear option from the evolving war plans for Iran—without success, the former intelligence official said. “The White House said, ‘Why are you challenging this? The option came from you.’ ” "

5 little fish:

Blogger anne swam up to say...

Yep... gotta admit I'm shit-scared too.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Fence swam up to say...

I like this imaginary land of yours, can I get a passport?

you've been quoted, btw.

6:16 AM  
Blogger IanBradley swam up to say...

I finished it Mysfit. There is no light at the end of that tunnel. I had written a long response, but in the end, it seemed fruitless. I may post it to the lounge, but... whatever.

10:26 AM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

anne - you are welcome in my imaginary land any time, as are you, fence - actually so is every little fish who wants to swim up - though as for passports, i don't know that we like such things over there...

woah a coherent comment from ianbradley, did you remember to take your meds today dear? please do post it somewhere, i'm interested...

jenn - it's cold in canada. how about the bahamas?

oh and fence, YAY! as silly as it is to admit this, but you made my day!

12:52 PM  
Blogger IanBradley swam up to say...

Not only cohesion, but Jensee got me to put a picture in my "profile" as she puts it. Technophiles, the lot of you. The worst part is you're all rubbing off on me. I even threw out my writing chisels and bought paper! Now I believe, I shall make use of a "smiley" ;) (that one, I think, means to imply that I am winking at you.)

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home