Thursday, April 27, 2006

my fish is a book, is yours?

stolen from banzai cat, who stole if from someone else and to the cycle of internet memes continues:


i'm not sure i ever read this book or perhaps, i've just repressed any memory of it. by playing around with the silly questions/answers, it looks like i narrowly missed being Conrad's "Heart of Darkness" - that was a lucky strike indeed, as that book was so bad my powers of forgetfulness have been totally overcome.

(come on, you know you wanna do it too - besides, the poor sod who created this test was forced to read Paradise Lost 6 times) *uncontrollably shivers*

16 little fish:

Blogger anne swam up to say...

Apparently I'm Atlas Shrugged. Not sure. I would have liked to be yours, I think.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson swam up to say...

I too am Atlas Shrugged and I agree with Anne, it was a slap in the face.

12:00 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

oh no no - i'll take this down if it's pissing my fishies off - not supposed to be a slap in the face...

12:05 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

...supposed to be fun and silly and definitely not profound.

12:05 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

oh ok - fine - should i take it down? survey says?

1:26 PM  
Blogger anne swam up to say...

I actually liked the Hobbit, and I haven't (yet) read the others. I too say leave it.
But Robinson Crusoe robbed me of four months of my life. I could be that.

1:40 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

i liked the hobbit too. i'd probably be les mis or something terribly verbose like that. "but i digress..."

maybe we should post our ten worse books list or somthing - though we continue to disagree on gatsby...

1:45 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

i suppose i'll leave the post as a conversation piece or something

1:53 PM  
Blogger oldben swam up to say...

i too am the crying of lot 49, and that's not a terrible book. this meme was created by someone too shortsighted to realize the book was about communication breakdown, among other things. and the hobbit is not terrible. neither is portrait. if i were to be a really terrible book, i'd be the pearl.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson swam up to say...

I didn't mean 'slap in the face' in a bad way, I meant it in a fun...'oh crap, I'm not a good bad book' way. Sorry if it caused any great turmoil. I just wanted to be a cool bad book and didn't quite cut the mustard! ;)

All memes are fun, don't stop!

4:59 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson swam up to say...

in other words anne and I wanted to be 'incomprehensibly weird' too! :)

5:00 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

oh trust me, carl, you are :)

8:13 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

I AM NOT GATSBY! dammit, didn't you notice the Les Mis comment?

12:42 PM  
Blogger banzai cat swam up to say...

Oy. Weird dust-up here. Like the meme was some kinda friction bomb.

2:05 AM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

yeah - weird right - well, jenn and i have long argued about gatsby and i think she said that jsut to get my goat :)

11:23 AM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

yes - my goat - and you can't have him, he's mine, y'hear, all mine!!!

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home