Wednesday, February 01, 2006

i've been advised that my fish misses me...

in case you were wondering this comes out on dvd on february 14

ah february - a month of ups and downs.

no doubt some of my friends from college will be journeying tomorrow to a small town in Pennsylvania to see an overgrown rat who has gotten too big for his britches, if you ask me. lives hang in the balance as these 'grown-ups' bet their life-savings and at least two hats on whether Punxsutawney Phil (the groundhog) will see his shadow. as i understand it, if he doesn't then it means we will have six more weeks of winter, right? w-e-ll - HAPPY GROUNDHOG'S DAY! to all my little fishies. (just between you and me - this is, by far, one of my favorite holidays - shhhhh...)

more implies that it's been winter right? i don't know where you are, but it has snowed twice here. TWICE! ok ok, so the mountains (you know, the rocky ones) have been slammed with snow and this has been one of the best ski seasons in decades, but we poor folks who huddle at the base of these behemoths of dirt and stone are still waiting for the winter wonderland we were promised as children. (by the way, i went skiing on monday and fell off a cliff. ok, so slid down a cliff is more accurate, but the nice fluffy powder caught me, so i'm only a little bruised, thanks for asking)

nope, i didn't have a white christmas at all - granted my delightful family and i celebrated christmas last weekend in L.A. but you get my drift.

oh yeah, this means that christmas
is
finally
over!!! yay!

i got an Epson stylus Photo r220 printer (which even survived the plane ride home), a USB memory stick and an espresso machine! so, as you may have guessed i am in the market for a new digital camera that takes good pictures of espresso beans and steams (soy) milk. suggestions welcome, but not necessarily adhered to.

the best was i gave my one of my bros a mask:

but didn't feel like taking it with us. so Hamlet and I snuck into his house (using the conveniently hidden key on my keychain) and took pictures of it all over the house to make a card for him. we then left the mask casually leaning in a corner of his guest bedroom, uncovered and totally unhidden. i figured he never went in there, but when we went to hang out with him before heading for the flight, he went in the room at least four times but never noticed the three-foot-tall mask. So, my plan, which was doomed to fail, succeeded beautifully.

The End.

i know you people have been waiting, sitting on the edges of seats in places i can hardly imagine, for more chaos journals - for the stories i promised a mere week or so ago. i know i know, but don't get your undies in a bunch - they will out and all; chaos has it's roots in the fish, and it's my fish, so don't despair.

as for the downs of this month, don't look now but black death day (a.k.a. valentine's day) is creeping up on us. last year i ate mickey d's and watched a horror movie and now, i'm trying to figure out what to set fire to for this year. again, suggestions are welcome, but most likely will be ignored.

all opinions expressed in this, well frankly, rant are the opinions of the voices in my head and have little or nothing to do with reality - except the printer and the caffeine-machine, those are very real - oh and the dates: though time is merely a figment of a masochistic mind, they too exist - because, believe what you must, but i can't argue against the existence of minds: minds take up a lot of space in the cosmos, so much so in fact that many galactic clusters have outlawed them entirely.
so until my fish swings me back this way: Peace!
-mysfit signing off

6 little fish:

Blogger Carl V. Anderson swam up to say...

Since Mirrormask comes out on Valentine's Day I suggest another viewing of that...its what I'll be doing, thanks for the reminder!

And I had planned to have my undies in a bunch as part of my Groundhog Day celebration but I guess I'll straighten them out per your instructions.

Glad you survived your tumble. It hasn't snowed here either...this was the warmest January on record for Kansas City...today it is supposed to be 60 degrees. The world is out of whack!!!

Happy Groundhogs Day everyone!

8:39 AM  
Blogger IanBradley swam up to say...

i had trained several dozen squirrels to infiltrate the high-security compound of this "phil" there they would make sure this outdated tradition was "silenced", then they were going to take valentines day out in the confusion, before it could ready it's defenses. But then my negotiators couldn't work out over time issues with thier damn union, the strike won't end untill at least easter, maybe i can get the drop on the easter bunny or something.... *shrugs*

1:55 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

hey - valentines day i can understand, but leave groundhogs day alone - you cretin!!

2:41 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

jenn - how much are you paying FM to goad me into fishing?

2:55 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

ok when i say the mask was best, it's just cause i like giving gifts and i love it when a plan comes together - but looking at the pics from the trip - the best was the watch in the cement block... story at 5

11:28 AM  
Blogger alix swam up to say...

mirror mask!
i forgot!
ghostie alix
(i truly am ghostly now...but will stop to check on the fish from time to time :) )

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home