Wednesday, February 23, 2005

the fish temporarily explores temporal avenues again

**If you look at nothing else, click on "linear direction" at the end of this post.**

So, despite a pounding headache (which may be due to the temporal shifts in my life, like morning) I have been experiencing some temporal aspects this morning. (Well, yesterday morning -- see one more temporal shift in Section A.)

Today (yesterday and tomorrow), the fish speaks to me of time. But filtered through this pain in my head, the fish's voice comes out garbled and out of order. It even is possible that there are no connections, though I doubt it. I will let you do the rest...

1) I always want to find some interesting and colorful pictures when exploring quantum theory, but invariably there are few colors and a lot of words. Though sometimes there are pictures of stern looking people doing serious things.

2) This also happens with superstring theory (sometimes referred to the theory of quantum gravity - ah so there is a connection, at least here). You'd think that a theory which begins with guitars and ends with, oh everything else, would run into a few more nifty pictures along the way. Though admittedly, the superstring people seem more interesting. By the way if you want to learn more about string theory, click here. (Note: this site is good for everyone from string-beginners to physics-junkies.)

3)I like Einstein. Though he looks sad here. Maybe he's sad because he missed the age of computers. What do you think he could have done with all the knowledge on the internet?

17) For a delightful book about Einstein theories of time, I highly recommend Einstein's Dreams, by Alan Lightman. It's a fiction book of essentially short stories based on Einstein's theories of how time works.

23)How does time work?

22AB&C) According to this article about time travel and theories of time (ah, one more connection), "The existence of new scientific models questioned our ability to understand reality and our comprehension of understanding reality." I'm not too sure about the rest of the article but if I don't comprehend my understanding, do I understand?

13.5) What is this sneaky thing called reality?

This is Danny Elfman.

10N) I believe time travel is possible. Most people do. They just think we can only travel forward. This assumes that time only moves in one, linear direction and that memory is not traveling through time.

1123) That's all for now. Have Fun!

3 little fish:

Blogger Hannibal swam up to say...

Thanx for visiting my blog and u are right "Song to the Siren" is written by Tim Buckley and Larry Beckett. I made the necessary editing.

Hannibal Barca

2:37 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

hmmm, I bet I could come up a few words about time buckley that aren't nice as well. Hey, Jenn See, I thought you like sappy singer-song writers.

10:31 AM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

oh yeah, i remember that performance...I liked his hair.

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home