Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Happy Birthday, Vincent!

"And my aim in my life is to make pictures and drawings, as many and as well as I can; then, at the end of my life, I hope to pass away, looking back with love and tender regret, and thinking, 'Oh, the pictures I might have made!'"
-Vincent van Gogh, Letter 338, 19 November 1883

Today is Vincent van Gogh's birthday. He was born in the Netherlands in 1853. For more info about him and his paintings just follow your fish to the Van Gogh Gallery. (Sometimes this site is a little slow, but it is well worth the wait.)

2 little fish:

Blogger Carl V. Anderson swam up to say...

He was incredible, I agree. Happy birthday Vincent!

3:00 PM  
Blogger phylos swam up to say...

He was a top guy.
Have you seen the right wingers were not happy about Google using a graphic yesterday?
http://michellemalkin.com/archives/001872.htm
As one commentator says though; mountain, meet this mole hill.
I have Starry Night as my desktop and there are some good quality pictures at Artchive.
http://www.artchive.com/ftp_site.htm

Thanks for the link back to my humble blog by the way - i'm touched and will, of course, return the compliment

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home