Monday, March 28, 2005

DON'T PANIC!


This is really true - try it.

I got this from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy website. As a big fan of Douglas Adams and all his works, I was worried about how bad a Hitchhiker's Guide movie could be.

I'm not so worried any more.

The movie comes out in April, Douglas Adams wrote the screenplay (though he died in 2001 while working on it) and Alan Rickman is playing the voice of Marvin, the paranoid android ("Here I am, brain the size of a planet and they ask me to help you navigate. Call that job satisfaction? 'Cause I don't.").

If you are a fan of science-fiction, have a sense of humor and adventure or are an alien who has been trapped on earth pretending to be an out-of-work actor - read the book, then see the movie. At least check out the website.

Remember, the guide is always right - it's reality that's often inaccurate.

3 little fish:

Blogger anne swam up to say...

So you've had neutral, unbiased, reliable information on the quality of the adaptation? Cause I'm still a little worried - and the site... well, it's the film site, innit.

12:09 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

oh, i'm still worried, but just not as much

12:28 PM  
Blogger anne swam up to say...

Yeah, I guess. Plus if The Great Alan is doing a voice, then...
You'll get it before us, keep us informed!

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home