Friday, July 08, 2005

quickly, one pissed off fish i am

i'm about out of time but i couldn't let this go un-fished. I don't watch Fox News, but thanks to my dear Skrambled, I have been clued into a site called News Hounds. Their motto is "We watch FOX so you don't have to". It's a great site, but what i found on it today makes me one pissed off fish.

According to Bill O'reilly of the O'reilly factor, if you don't agree with him in this "Talking Memo" you are helping terrorists and are a traitor to America.

All I have to say is fuck him. More on this when I have time

8 little fish:

Blogger Erik swam up to say...

Oh, I don't think you'd want to do that--I think his private parts probably have teeth!

6:05 PM  
Blogger anne swam up to say...

Wow.
I'd never seen him in action. I (too) could rant and rave, but you know, WE are helping THEM. So really that kills any objectivity I may have aimed for.
I find it more funny than off-pissing, but I suppose that's because we don't have to deal with him on a daily basis, and he hasn't got the effect here that he has in the US (that, I do find scary).

3:00 AM  
Blogger phylos swam up to say...

Brit Hume, Fox News Managing Editor and Washington Correspondent on London...

I mean, my first thought when I heard -- just on a personal basis, when I heard there had been this attack and I saw the futures this morning, which were really in the tank, I thought, "Hmmm, time to buy."

http://www.mydd.com/story/2005/7/8/114313/4952

Nice man.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson swam up to say...

Tis true Jenn See...I see truths on both sides of the fence but I have to admit that when someone says, in answer to O'Reilly, that there were no terrorists in Iraq before we went there I have to think that they have their head pretty far up their own butt and their credibility goes right down the toilet.

10:53 PM  
Blogger Daniel Heath swam up to say...

people who hate "the media" should go out and meet some real reporters. not the t.v. reporters who make tons and tons of cash, but the actual journalists who care about their communities and work for shit pay to try and tell the truth about things that matter. journalism is a business, and it can be an ugly business, but the people I know in media are some of the most honest, hard-working, civic-minded folks I've met. the left thinks they're too right [monkey0 raises his hand], the right thinks they're too left, and as for them, they're caught between a paper or t.v. station trying to sell ads on the one hand, and the idealistic principles which got them into journalism (and sustain them absent pay or appreciation from the public) on the other.

5:06 AM  
Blogger phylos swam up to say...

Bill is a strange one. I disagree with 99% of what the tool says, but then while watching one show he mentioned he was against the death penalty so I felt some humanity for him.
Fox are getting a kicking in the UK at the moment..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,1524856,00.html

6:24 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson swam up to say...

Thank you for the education, Ms. Jenn See....an apple will be floating its way to your desk!

2:14 PM  
Blogger banzai cat swam up to say...

Well, I'm too far away to comment but I do want to say that on the other hand...

... they are finally showing The Daily Show with Jon Stewart on this side of the world and it's good: sharp and funny. Hee.

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home