Monday, June 27, 2005

one dead fish - a eulogy

today, i have finally decided to abandon my side project which none of you (save carl v.) even knew existed - even though i brought it up many times and directed people to it, pleaded with people to notice, no one cared. eventually i stopped caring too. it had a good run for a while - it was a good idea gone awry and, as many writers know, it is important to identify good ideas that go bad or just go nowhere and bury them deep underground where they can hurt no one - it didn't work the way i wanted it to, so i killed it. tis a sad day and no one but me will notice.

on a lighter note, watch this video (it sparked a diplomatic incident and is very funny)

10 little fish:

Blogger Carl V. Anderson swam up to say...

Sorry it didn't work out Mysfit. I hope it doesn't discourage you too much nor stop you from trying new things. Blogging and blogging projects always seem to involve that delicate balance between doing what you want to do for you and the desire to have others reading and participating.

There are some things that I post about that I keep doing really because I know that one of my friends appreciates it. It sometimes works out and sometimes doesn't that others chime in, but I keep doing it for him.

I thought it was a fun idea and I'm sorry I didn't participate more in the beginning.

Keep creating, please.

12:22 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

carl, nothing can stop me from trying new things - i don't know how. As for catches, i'm not as bitter as i sound here. You're right things catch on and things don't - mainly i got lazy with catches and decided to spend my time doing other things than looking for fish pics.

1:08 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

i guess the "incident" was a ctually caused by the british spoof crashing military servers

1:11 PM  
Blogger anne swam up to say...

Hey Mysfit, hopefully you'll find people worthier than me at some point.
Your creativity will find other outlets, I'm sure, but please don't abandon the fish...

2:15 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

anne - worthier than you? in what way?

don't worry - i won't abandon the fish - not for all the shells in the world, i'm addicted you see

3:03 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

my favorite part of the video is the musical interlude - unfortunately the version i linked to doesn't have the ending where the guy gets run over by a jeap - i guess you'll just have to find that version yourself

7:45 PM  
Blogger banzai cat swam up to say...

sorry to hear about that. though sometimes being here with all three of you, information comes a-rushing at me (like aforementioned school of fishies), i barely have time to catch at least one!

but as writers, such is our life if we make lofty declarations that people mistake for a sigh.

2:17 AM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

and sighs people mistake for lofty declarations - really cat, you should remember to bring a net with you :P

10:20 AM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

anne, you're a strange little fish - there are no unworthy or shitty readers - all fish are created equal - may your fish lead you to a better opinion of yourself

10:15 AM  
Blogger anne swam up to say...

No, nothing to do with opinions of myself. It's just I'm so not your typical/adapted reader, and it feels like I'm a fraud. I shouldn't even comment most of the time... and look at that.

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home