Friday, June 10, 2005

a fish responds...

guardian

with verdant potential
you welcomed me
and I, humbled and
deferential
donned vest’ments of ivy
the trappings of office
worn In your service

i’ve loved you since…
i’ve chased you since…
and with no small amount
of hesitance
i have sought
your perfect pastures
bloated and ripe

cash this check
for a quarter million
largest I’ve ever written
and await the advent
of your own doom’s day
by your beloved
your faithless masses

in droves I came
to bury my heart
in your wounded earth
and now
despite and because of
you bleed thru my adding machines
and my printing machines

i stood dressed like you
i stood motionless like you
and now I’ve devoured you
i stand alone hunched
poised
over these
my unintentional killing fields



inspired by this photo...

5 little fish:

Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

i love how lyrical this is, oldben. you know, i'm not sure i've ever really seen this dark of a side of you, but perhaps i was blind and looked away whenever it came around

10:32 AM  
Blogger oldben swam up to say...

it doesn't come out all that often, i try to keep my inner sith quiet at most times.

i guess no one else really likes this poem, tho...ah well.

12:15 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

maybe you left them speachless...

12:34 PM  
Blogger oldben swam up to say...

i can only hope...

1:44 PM  
Blogger Daniel Heath swam up to say...

now, I say -all- the fish can write.

I agree with Jenn. you take people down some roads, you shut them up, that's just how it goes...

1:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home