Sunday, November 13, 2005

a fish of explanation for jennsee

more from mysfit's pen:
(this might be a poem or something like one)

over skin that’d be comfortable on me (2005)

so this space, this ten-fingered-toed, bipedal trunk with two arms and a ball perilously perched on thickly wrapped sticks; this must be me.

i don't buy outfits; i slipshod thru fabric nightmares that never perceptually fit a perception of me, my perception of what i'd be comfortable wearing.

i was right you know; you always try to dress me in your free-from-decades fashion, filtering thrift stores thru your taller-than-average frame and everything fits you even if it is ugly.

but i don't mind; i miss your open-closet presentation of repetitious color schemes that all turn black when i put them on and you always gave me red, for some reason.

but these are things that closeness amplifies and distance cannot contain; you ask me about my comfort-level shapes in sleeves of cloth but i cannot answer future fashion tips on the phone; sorry.

i once knew what i'd be the best-dressed feature in my scrap book of what i'd be wearing when i was dead but when i realized i was hiding suicidal closets in my blue room at 272, i got scared.

scared enough to leave clothes to other people and music to musical souls banging drums along the wet streets of new orleans; waiting for the poets to come home.

maybe if you dragged credit thru paris' eiffel-tower-view of ladies in lady-softened gowns, we'd find identity-laden patterns to swathe the mannequin in me.

or maybe not; looking back, i’ve hung heavy-handed hints on hangers in strangers' closets but no one’s come to my rescue yet; perhaps they don’t know where to look.

both our wardrobes betray flagrant disregards for the fashion-conscious minds of other image-conscious people; the only real difference is that you like yours and i have lost a version of me.

4 little fish:

Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

sock - you sound surprised or even disappointed :) but thanks, me too

oh is that what it is jenn - nifty...

i don't know if it is the long lines, the hyphenated descriptions or what, but as soon as i found the tadpole (jenn's name for the first three lines/verses/paragraphs), i was immediately drawn to the tone and voice in this thing. it's also a lot of fun to say out loud...

it is definitely a response to a question jenn once posed to me.

1:17 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

what i'd be comfortable wearing

1:44 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

oh jeppers, sock, don't get snippy - i wasn't assuming, i was just responding, hate me if you must but i'm sorry if i've offended you - i meant only a joke, not to give it context or tone - i was trying to play off the word "damn"

so there, you were giving my comment tone/context - and i dare anything, you of all people should know that by now :). (i like pie too)

2:38 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

yes - i doubt i will be able to afford hoping down to philly, but i'll look into it :)

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home