Sunday, November 13, 2005

a fish of explanation for jennsee

more from mysfit's pen:
(this might be a poem or something like one)

over skin that’d be comfortable on me (2005)

so this space, this ten-fingered-toed, bipedal trunk with two arms and a ball perilously perched on thickly wrapped sticks; this must be me.

i don't buy outfits; i slipshod thru fabric nightmares that never perceptually fit a perception of me, my perception of what i'd be comfortable wearing.

i was right you know; you always try to dress me in your free-from-decades fashion, filtering thrift stores thru your taller-than-average frame and everything fits you even if it is ugly.

but i don't mind; i miss your open-closet presentation of repetitious color schemes that all turn black when i put them on and you always gave me red, for some reason.

but these are things that closeness amplifies and distance cannot contain; you ask me about my comfort-level shapes in sleeves of cloth but i cannot answer future fashion tips on the phone; sorry.

i once knew what i'd be the best-dressed feature in my scrap book of what i'd be wearing when i was dead but when i realized i was hiding suicidal closets in my blue room at 272, i got scared.

scared enough to leave clothes to other people and music to musical souls banging drums along the wet streets of new orleans; waiting for the poets to come home.

maybe if you dragged credit thru paris' eiffel-tower-view of ladies in lady-softened gowns, we'd find identity-laden patterns to swathe the mannequin in me.

or maybe not; looking back, i’ve hung heavy-handed hints on hangers in strangers' closets but no one’s come to my rescue yet; perhaps they don’t know where to look.

both our wardrobes betray flagrant disregards for the fashion-conscious minds of other image-conscious people; the only real difference is that you like yours and i have lost a version of me.

16 little fish:

Blogger jenn see swam up to say...

wow! that's a page out of the nostalgic jungle.

if you look closely behind mysfit's head you can see the wall of my dorm room my freshman year of college.

if you look really closely behind in the pic of me, you can see the priest from the Princess Bride ogling me strangely.

2:06 PM  
Blogger jenn see swam up to say...

ps: my handwriting used to be so much prettier...

2:07 PM  
Blogger jenn see swam up to say...

i posted those comments way back when this explanation was a tadpole on the page, existing for a few seconds...although they're still true of course.

i have to come back to this, i really like this.

viva la poisson de poeme?

6:00 PM  
Blogger jenn see swam up to say...

i love that skirt i gave you that makes you look like a red flower.

12:21 AM  
Blogger theleftsock swam up to say...

damn i like that.

2:00 PM  
Blogger jenn see swam up to say...

it's a sketch, that's what it is...a design sketch, all colored chalk & suggestions. & it moves.

3:29 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

sock - you sound surprised or even disappointed :) but thanks, me too

oh is that what it is jenn - nifty...

i don't know if it is the long lines, the hyphenated descriptions or what, but as soon as i found the tadpole (jenn's name for the first three lines/verses/paragraphs), i was immediately drawn to the tone and voice in this thing. it's also a lot of fun to say out loud...

it is definitely a response to a question jenn once posed to me.

1:17 PM  
Blogger jenn see swam up to say...

what was the question?
i feel silly for asking...

1:21 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

what i'd be comfortable wearing

1:44 PM  
Blogger theleftsock swam up to say...

its text only, how dare you give it context. i hate people who presume to understand my tone when im typing. maybe my context is implied because of my decided abuse of punctuation? but may not be representative of my actual pitch and timbre. oh, i like pie!

5:19 PM  
Blogger jenn see swam up to say...

but typing is not like speaking, you must attend to the tone in a different way...

5:44 PM  
Blogger theleftsock swam up to say...

hmmmm... i think ill keep my comments to myself from now on.

peace.
theleftsock

2:15 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

oh jeppers, sock, don't get snippy - i wasn't assuming, i was just responding, hate me if you must but i'm sorry if i've offended you - i meant only a joke, not to give it context or tone - i was trying to play off the word "damn"

so there, you were giving my comment tone/context - and i dare anything, you of all people should know that by now :). (i like pie too)

2:38 PM  
Blogger theleftsock swam up to say...

check me out, keeping my comments to myself. :) im not snippy, did you get my email about the 26th?

4:31 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

yes - i doubt i will be able to afford hoping down to philly, but i'll look into it :)

10:38 AM  
Blogger jenn see swam up to say...

the East Coast misses her mysfit!

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home