Friday, November 04, 2005

novel fish

so i know that jennsee will probably be yelling at me soon as i have many pending posts but this one is important dammit.

i joined NaNoWriMo! yes, thanks to banzai cat, i will be attempting to write a 50,000 word novel by Nov. 30th. for those of you confused: this is 175 pages of pure crap. plot snot! it's quantity not quality that counts so i've sharpened my nails, wrung out my inkjet and am planning to plunge my head into a world of imagination like there is a tomorrow and i am it.

so what if i'm four days late in joining - that leaves me 26 days (which, for those of you without a calculator at the ready, is equal to about 2000 words or almost 7 pages a day - every day until midnight on 11/30).

so what if i've never finished a novel, only short stories and never written more than 50 pages on any given story.

so what if i'm in the middle of two novels and haven't written anything in months - this ought to really piss off my other characters (serves them right for leaving me out of the loop for so long).

i'm ready, willing and able to lose my mind and all feeling in my fingers to break personal records of crap and so should you!!


fish to look forward to (or as my fish likes to call it, FUTURE FISH): a fish of explanation for jennsee (probably something like a poem); i'll probably do another list of movies soon as i've been watching some good ones lately; also tesco tagged me and i am in the process of responding to his taunts so there's one coming up called "all about my little fish";

11 little fish:

Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

i know i keep arguing with you about "fiction" jenn, but here's a great quote from the nanowrimo site: "In short: If you believe you're writing a novel, we believe you're writing a novel too."

2:46 PM  
Blogger Daniel Heath swam up to say...

CHARGE!

I have a good friend who has done nanowrimo for the past five years. Her tip: pick characters with multi-word names. (oh, this reminds me, I have to name one of her characters again this year...)

me, I'm not playing along as such, but I'll be cranking on my own novel this month, too. so, if you're up late typing when you should be, I don't know, interacting with other humans or watching t.v. or chasing popcorn around by blowing air through a straw like any normal human being, I'm probably up late typing, too.

1:44 AM  
Blogger JP swam up to say...

Excellent! I'm having great fun with mine - by casting aside my over-earnest notions of 'quality' and 'worth', I'm actually having fun and writing a lot more fluently than I have in a while.

Plus I made a genie for the novel! His name is Zinn D'Jinn and he appears in the form of a white-headed capuchin monkey wearing a blue fez with a silver tassle. NaNoWriMo has already paid off for me! :)

4:19 AM  
Blogger anne swam up to say...

Good for you! And us! I'm writing by proxy, so all of you signing up, know that I'm backing you up. Fully.

7:38 AM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

you know it's kinda weird - i feel your support with a big grin on my face

1:40 PM  
Blogger LiVEwiRe swam up to say...

Be proud. It's also a lesson in perseverance and belief in yourself. Glad to hear you opted to do it.

9:46 PM  
Blogger {illyria} swam up to say...

good luck, mysfit! can't wait to read the end result.

2:49 AM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

read? who said I was going to share the crap novel? naw this is an experiment to get myself over writer's block. but thanks all for the good vibes.

you know monkey i can't see you playing by the rules any ways.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Daniel Heath swam up to say...

What? Rules?

I'm extremely rule-abiding.

Provided I am not distracted by anything (or anyone) shiny.

Monkeys have a weakness for shiny things; it's not just me. Any monkey that tells you otherwise is l-y-i-n-g...

12:29 AM  
Blogger Suzanna Danna swam up to say...

proud for you mysfit... it seems like such a daunting challenge... i am sure you will do smashingly!

1:40 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

hey you - thanks! i think the only way to do this is smashingly, as in smashing my head into the wall

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home