Sunday, February 05, 2006

my fish chats online with tech support

You are now chatting with 'Tech Support'

Tech Support: Good Day
you: hi
Tech Support: how can we help you?
you: I just got a brand new USB 2.0 datastick Pro
Tech Support: ok
you: i put some files on it last night
you: after some doing, since it crashed my computer first
you: and when i plug it into this computer found hardware says it's fine
you: and installed and ready to use, but when i try to access it - it offers to format the drive
you: I have windows XP pro - should i try to down load the drivers
you: from your support site?
Tech Support: you don't need driver with XP
you: so it says but then why is it trying to format the USB stick?
Tech Support: can you call our tech support Dept at 1-800-9 C****N they can trouble shoot it for you
you: what? aren't you tech support?
(long pause)

(a little later i got a response from them and we chatted amicably enough, getting past the mutual 'you're an idiot' attitude - my theory is that at this point in the conversation, the 'tech support' person went and got someone else)

6 little fish:

Blogger anne swam up to say...

I know I shouldn't laugh, but I am pleased I'm not the only one this happens to. People now get to my site through an "I hate helpdesk" Google search. Honest.

4:43 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

laugh all you want - i guess the part i left outwa sthat i was at work at the time - i do tech support (helpdesk) in the morning

5:23 PM  
Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn swam up to say...

LOL!!! I hate it when tech support people get all snooty, but I only bother them as a last resort (I can usually figure stuff out on my own.)

I understand that the morons make it difficult, but everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt. . .or, do they?!. . .hmmmmm...

1:47 AM  
Blogger anne swam up to say...

Of course there are morons on both sides, it's only fair...

2:51 AM  
Blogger JP swam up to say...

True.

Technology is broken, but so is humanity.

That's all.

5:47 AM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

FM - trust me, i know your pain. i really do.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home