Monday, April 25, 2005

rainy mangy monday fish

So it's Monday and rainy and cold and above all - Monday. I fell asleep on the couch (way past my bedtime), over-slept, missed my bus and had to stand in the misty-rain stuff for a half-an-hour(without a morning cigarette to smoke), until... I almost missed the next bus because I realized I forgot my keys. Not just the keys to my house but the pass keys to both my jobs and I didn't even get to have a cup of coffee this morning.

I hate being late to work. Most of the time, I'd rather call in sick (or dead), than late.

and mysfit sings:
"We’ll be sleeping in the flowers/
Tell my boss that I’ve been fired/
We'll be sleeping in the flowers/
Tell my boss that I'm Fiii-rred"

All right, I'll stop - I'll stop! There's no need to throw things at me - I mean, I can understand the tomatoes, but is there really a need for the watermelons? I was just singing lyrics from one of my favorite bands, They Might Be Giants, to make myself feel better. There's no need to get violent.

Anyways, even after that shitty morning and the fun (What-Fun!) of talking to irritated people on the phone, I'm actually in a pretty good mood. I guess it's cause I survived another existential breakdown (of which the fish felt some of the effect) and I always feel a bit purged when I question who the hell I am and what the hell I'm doing for an entire afternoon, nearly walking away from one of the best things in my life right now. Even though I still don't know, it's not so important today, very little other than base survival is important on Monday Mornings. But then, enough about me, enjoy the fish-appropriate cartoon:

Most of you fellow bloggers and friends have come to grips with the idea that jennsee and I are indeed different people who happen (just happen) to understand the fish and want to help other people follow their fish or our fish or what fish. But just in case you are still confused, here is a picture designed to help you distinguish between us (I'm the one with the bomb):

3 little fish:

Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

i also thought it was particullarly great because they already saw you with flowers...

ah! all the fish in the sea - what sharks they do not know :)

10:34 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson swam up to say...

MMMMMM.....Harley and Ivy! The two coolest characters in the Batman universe!

A very fun comparison! I'm looking forward to more and more fish following!

7:59 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson swam up to say...

Yes, its actually very good. I prefer the Bing Crosby version, but that's just me!

I can relate to twisted Christmas Carols...its "Have a Holly, Jolly Christmas" that always ends up reinterpreted in my warped brain to mean something much less appropriate to the holiday season...

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home