Monday, April 18, 2005

Belief

A man of quiet power and strength has recently died of cancer. The only thing I mourn about Carrison's passing was that I never knew him in life, but only stumbled upon him (via his words) after his passing. Reading this letter has reminded me that I need to make sure that those I care about know how much I appreciate their presences in my life.

I love you all.

I just wanted to share this with all the fish-fans. Thanks to Skrambled Ramblings for posting a link to the letter, thereby greatly enriching my life and letting me share this with the fish and on and on and on... (The Butterfly flaps it's wings). Thus i encourage all of you to spread this and whatever feeling Carrison inspires in you.

Peace,
mysfit

4 little fish:

Blogger anne swam up to say...

Thank you.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson swam up to say...

Wow...very powerful post. It is always an awkward thing to talk with someone who is going through pain and suffering. You never feel like you can just treat them 'normally'...you feel like you have to make a special effort to be encouraging or inspirational to them. Its nice to hear someone give permission to just enjoy life with those who are not long for this world. Its a sobering thought yet oddly encouraging. Thanks for sharing the link with us.

4:20 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

yes, you always feel that you have to be strong for them, put a good face on things and encourage yourself by encouraging them... that's why this struck me so powerfully - this is what i would like to have courage and the words to say were i in his position...

3:28 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

btw, ekapa, i like your photo - thanks for following your fish

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home