Friday, April 01, 2005

sometimes my fish is stupid... repeatedly running into walls

It's amazing how much time we spend each day doing the same thing over and over and over again. Stupidity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome. But according to quantum theory this is not that futile or stupid an act. It just depends who's watching. And probability what mood they're in at the time.

For example, if the gods of the internet are watching me attempt to fix some small bit of html then perhaps it will actually work, though only if I haven't earned their displeasure. If it doesn't work, then I will try again and again until it does. It will eventually.

Usually with tools, the ability of the tool is limited by the intelligence of the user. However with computers as with people, the ability of the computer is limited by the programmer as well as the user and therefore, the user is limited by the ability of the programmer. Since I am attempting to be both, I think I'm in trouble.

Well, here goes nothing... again...

4 little fish:

Blogger emilyahostutler swam up to say...

Have you heard the cliche: Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results?

11:10 AM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

No, but I have heard that stupidity is.

12:12 PM  
Blogger emilyahostutler swam up to say...

:( your fish is brillant- I just thought the insanity version was funny.

4:49 PM  
Blogger emilyahostutler swam up to say...

hope that didnt come out wrong- i am a fishy fan

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home