Thursday, September 08, 2005

am i a fish dreaming i am a man?

Chuang-Tzu once dreamed he was a butterfly. When he awoke, he no longer knew if he was a butterfly dreaming he was a man, or a man who had dreamed he was a butterfly.
ghost butterfly - from the desk of mysfit's photoshop glee

not sure but here i am again - it's 2a.m. and all's well. the old man cat is laying idly by my feet, dreaming of fish and the fish sings to my-my-my insomnia. i suppose that you may well be prepared: this will be a tangential fish.

a public service message from your friends at the fish:
please donate anything you can to the on-going relief effort in Louisiana. and use your common sense - there are many people who would take advantage of a generous heart and a crazy situation - so make sure that the charity you are giving to is legit and has a track record of helping people in this region. to check on any charity look them up at the Better Business Bureau or CharityWatch.org. Note: Charity Watch is a good place to go if you don't know how to donate or want to find the best way.

fish in the second: There's only 53 days till Halloween!!! and i don't know what i want to be. last year i was an optical illusion and almost ended up in a riot (no i mean a riot - my eyes were watering with tear-gas by the time we slipped down a back alley and got out in the nic of time) - what was i the year before or even the year before that? what are you going to be this year?

due to this train of thought and for tesco, i decided to post this pic of me from halloween past.


tank girl - halloween 01

(i suppose this would be for jenn see and for monkey 0 as well) though keep in mind that it is 2a.m. and a fully-slept mysfit might object to this blatant use of my image.

onto the next small fish: i really miss my mohawk. i've had at least three, all different colors, though black is the best. now though i've got corporate jobs at "good" corporations - you know, ones that make an effort at the very least and i've got to look all normal and what not.

last fish: i had a lot more to say but those damn moths... those damn damn moths. instead here's a picture of a dragonfly that i drew:

20 little fish:

Blogger JP swam up to say...

That's a very tatoo-able dragonfly.

6:29 AM  
Blogger anne swam up to say...

Was going to say just that.

9:42 AM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

be my guest - i designed it for just that purpose

10:07 AM  
Blogger oldben swam up to say...

did jenn tell you that jen nightingale got that tattoo you designed for her? not sure...

2:40 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson swam up to say...

I love the photoshop picture and the drawing, both are excellent! Love the Tank Girl outfit as well, you did a great job with it!

I'm very geeked about the whole month of October including Halloween. I start celebrating with the scary movies, etc. on day 1! I'm so glad its this time of year, I long for it all throughout the rest of the year.

3:13 PM  
Blogger phylos swam up to say...

Doesn't it sicken you that people take advantage of situations like this? Soon after the London bombs, the Met had to issue a warning due to the number of people in pubs 'collecting' for the victims. Bad karma.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Erik swam up to say...

Oh you're always pretty, rain or shine!

5:04 PM  
Blogger Daniel Heath swam up to say...

a very convincing Tank Girl, I must say.

(and I am sorry I haven't reciprocated, you know, this full-disclosure thing, it's just that, as I was whining about on the Tourist a while back, s.p.'s are so damn difficult...)

I don't know what I'm going to be this year. I used to go as Jesus, but I got a haircut, so I need to actually come up with something...

6:54 PM  
Blogger alix swam up to say...

i LOVE tank girl!!!
damn i miss reading comics.
hey! how are ya?
insomnia sooooo fun, no? *nod*

7:16 PM  
Blogger LiVEwiRe swam up to say...

Being an optical illusion - that's pretty great! That link was really peculiar, must go back to it. Man, now I'm excited for Halloween!

11:57 PM  
Blogger {illyria} swam up to say...

i love the piccy. tank girl was green with envy.

4:01 AM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

jenn see...um, you lost me there, can't i just be a fish?

thx carl, i already kinda had the look for it, however, the skirt was soooo short, that i didn't really leave the house where the party was. i get geeky about halloween as well...i love cheesy horror movies.

tesco, it's probably best for both of us if you continue not to remember what never happened, right? i actually confuse fishie on a regular basis.

alix, welcome back! insomnia has it's moments...

phylos, it actually pisses me off. and i thought the point made by charity watch about giving to legit ones that had already helped people in that area made a lot of sense. afterall how much money whould a westcoast charity spend, just to get to the area.

aw erik, you're gonna make me blush.

trans? thanks, i think you confused me - not hard though.

livewire - yeah being an optical illusion was a blast, esp. since i ran around most of the night with the evil bunny from Donnie Darko and Alex of Clockwork Orange. Did the link actually work, i was kinda worried about it.

monkey, i'm still waiting... waiting... get a mirror... it doesn't have to perfect... waiting....

did i miss anyone? :)

10:20 AM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

aw oldben sry - but jenn luv, i thought you answered his questions with deftness and talent

12:37 PM  
Blogger Daniel Heath swam up to say...

alright, mysfit, fine, fine, fine. see my updated blogger profile.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Daniel Heath swam up to say...

reserve? no, I just took it when Mysfit yelled at me.

but I just now took it off the profile again, b/c it was showing up on random blog pages... apparently your full profile ends up in the margins of the page sometimes. and that was just too strange.

4:12 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

YAY!

and what a handsome monkey you are - um... you're not going to start throwing feces at me because i know what you look like, are you?

7:26 PM  
Blogger Daniel Heath swam up to say...

no, no, I'm not that kind of monkey.

7:58 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

um - your house :)

12:28 PM  
Blogger banzai cat swam up to say...

Um, I know this is late mysfit but...

... you ROCK as Tank Girl. Yeah.

So, do you have a kangaroo partner? ;-)

4:52 AM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

awww - it's never too late for you to compliment me - thx - that night was a lot of fun, i spent the whole night in character

sort of - he's actually kinda a hobbit

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home