Wednesday, November 16, 2005

why does my fish have to work at all?

shoot me - i hate my job some days - bad enough i get yelled at by users, but today it was a tech who doesn't understand what they hired me to do - i'm so uneasy (pissed/frustrated/worried/pissed) that i'm shaking - all this impersonal shit - i won't even face him, we work ten feet from each other and he's emailing me so i respond - i do the best i can and it's never enough... never enough...

At Your Job
-Dead Kennedys-

If your machine might slip a gear
Push this button to help it clear
Your time card says your name's Joe
But we'll call you 6-3-0

[Chorus]
I'm working at my job
I'm so happy
More boring by the day
But they pay me

All that time spent going to school
Just to end up following-rules

[Chorus]

Now it's time to take a break
Don't stray too far or you'll be late
Thank you for your service and a long career
Glad you gave us your best years

[Chorus]



p.s. (because i'm feeling melodramatic) no one understands anything, why do we assume; why do we pretend - you know it's just a misunderstanding... come back come back

4 little fish:

Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

sry about the repetitions - my head feels echoy today

2:46 PM  
Blogger phylos swam up to say...

I've given all I can,
it's not enough,
I've given all I can
but we're still on the payroll.

This is what you get,
this is what you get,
this is what you get,
when you mess with us.

'nuff said

3:35 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

yeah - i'm trying to decide if I'm pissed off enough to "call him out" as he puts it. or if i just don't care enough to make it more agravated then it already is - i'll watch, if i can't do my job well because of him... well, we'll see.

12:04 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

well, for the moment, i've decided to ignore most advice and just act like ther's no difference between us, like i made a mistake and he was having a bad day and leave it at that - so if the hostility happens again, it won't be from me and if it does happen again, then i will deal with it in another way...

on the up side, i've decided to take it as a compliment that i've been here almost a year and he doesn't know what my job is - which means, he thinks my job is to do troubleshooting and it's not, which means means means means, i've been going beyond the call of duty, getting my hands dirty and not failing too miserably on too many occasions.

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home