Monday, December 05, 2005

am i the one?


do you ever get the feeling the someone is watching the inside of your brain? no? oh, well ok.

anyways, my fish is whispering to me that too few people use their brains, so here's two riddles:

The beginning of everything,
The end of time and space,
The beginning of every end,
And the end of every place.
What is it?

The more it dries, the wetter it gets. What is it?

yes, i know. these are classic and not very hard. but hey, it's monday right? don't want to strain your brains too much.

15 little fish:

Blogger anne swam up to say...

One word. George Perec.
Yes. I know.

2:23 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

"Perec's most famous books include La Disparation (1969, A Void), a 300-page novel written without the letter e, and La Vie mode d'emploi (1978, Life: A User's Manual). "

oh my god, anne, i think i'm in love. thanks so much!

look jenn! i'm not the only one!

3:31 PM  
Blogger IanBradley swam up to say...

Between a towel and sanity, I choose the towel.

11:45 PM  
Blogger Daniel Heath swam up to say...

we used to use a similar principle to keep ourselves safe from drunken drivers when taking late-night runs through the countryside (we were teenagers; we did things like that for fun).

20% of drivers are drunk after ten p.m., so we waited for every fifth car, then dove wildly into the underbrush, for safety's sake.

3:05 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson swam up to say...

Thanks for the brain work. I waited until today so my head wouldn't explode from too much thinking on a Monday! :)

8:31 AM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

monkey, that's brilliant!

hey, i just noticed that "Life: A User's Manual" was written the year i was born - cool

it's safer that way carl, good work

so we have the answer to the second riddle. how about the first one? Anyone? anyone?

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous swam up to say...

e' by 'eck lass. I'll just get my towel ready in case this global warming lark turns out as a tale of woe.

11:42 AM  
Blogger JP swam up to say...

Ooh riddles. Here's another easy peasy classic:

I run over fields and woods all day. Under the bed at night I sit not alone. My tongue hangs out, up and to the rear, awaiting to be filled in the morning. What am I?

12:46 AM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

gw - you're a funny little fish - welcome.

jenn, ok so i'm a little slow sometimes.

jp, i love riddles! i'd never heard that one before. one night a group of friends and i riddled each other all night - i mean something like 12 hours of riddling...

7:30 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

oh wait, i did write this one in my book, i have seen jp's riddle before - weird.

7:43 PM  
Blogger LiVEwiRe swam up to say...

I knew them, I actually knew the answers. Yes, before reading the comments =) I think the thing with riddles is that people think too hard at them. Meh, I still usually suck at them. (I can't believe I got them both...)

11:11 PM  
Blogger JP swam up to say...

Lateral thinking puzzles are cool too! Some of them are a little TOO lateral, but 'Antony and Cleopatra were found lying dead on the floor surrounded by broken glass and water. How did they die?' is a classic.

11:27 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

ooo - i know this one...

10:56 AM  
Blogger IanBradley swam up to say...

Happens when your heart can't keep a beat. Just stabbing in the dark at that one.

10:52 PM  
Blogger banzai cat swam up to say...

Can't stop thinking: "One out of four bloggers in the internet is mentally unbalanced. Think of three linkages... if they seem okay, then you're the One."

Okay, must stop thinking now...

3:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home