Monday, September 11, 2006

fish - you knew this...

...but sometimes you have to hear it again - hear it like breeze through forgotten flowers; like memory. i stumbled upon this poem while looking into quotes to help me write something for my brother's wedding. i thought it poignantly apt.


"You can shed tears that she is gone,
or you can smile because she has lived.
You can close your eyes and pray that she'll come back,
or you can open your eyes and see all she's left.
Your heart can be empty because you can't see her,
or you can be full of the love you shared.
You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday,
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.
You can remember her only that she is gone,
or you can cherish her memory and let it live on.
You can cry and close your mind,
be empty and turn your back.
Or you can do what she'd want:
smile, open your eyes, love and go on."

-David Harkins


sleep well my fishies and in the morning you will feel better - i promise.

love,
mysfit

8 little fish:

Blogger Carl V. Anderson swam up to say...

Thank you.

That is perfect for both Jenn See's memory and for today's anniversary.

11:03 AM  
Blogger oldben swam up to say...

that's all well and true, but what happens when either/or aren't any different and you feel both at the same time? kinda like my body and sould want to split in two and live in the past and the future...

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous swam up to say...

Thank you. Hearts are still broken but we still go into the night. I miss her. I can go on and on.....but I think how would she want me to live and just live it. Cyn

11:26 PM  
Blogger anne swam up to say...

It's strange: I've never met Jenn, but she'll still pop into my mind at very unexpected moments. I like that.

8:50 AM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

oldben - i know, i know - there is no either/or's only either's and both's - and i can't tell you how proud i am that you are not in the either's, but that you dwell in the both's and still remain strong. the force is very strong in you, young jedi.

Cyn - hmmm "Just Live It" - sounds like an ad campaign... it was good to see you, even (or especially) knowing we have much work ahead of ourselves

anne - you met her, you were friends with her - don't fool yourself :) i like that too

carl v. - you know, i was out on the east coast for the day and it occured to me that that was exactly where i should be - but i knew no one who died that day - my sadness at what 911 has done to our country and all those who have died since that day has rather been eclipse by a personal death that has nothing to do with it. it's weird to me is all. i feel the same sadness on the same day but for different reasons. otherwise i think i'd just feel sad because i'm so pissed off.

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous swam up to say...

This was in an essay on 911 and thought it was appropriate.

"I felt a Cleaving in my Mind
As if my Brain had split~
I tried to match it~Seam by Seam~
But could not make them fit.
Emily Dickinson

What do you think Oldben? Kind of nails it for me. Cyn/o.m.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Elenka swam up to say...

i love the jenn fish that lives inside of me! i took her music with me to egypt, and as i laid under the lofty, billowing purple mosquito net last night, i listened to some of the songs she complied for me...(transferred them to a lil mp3 player... haunting songs!! ... she named the 4 cds "Elaine: yesterday, today, tomorrow, and into the future - wheee!" there is one song, don't know who - female singer, singing about a swallow (bird)... and i almost hear jenn singing it...i do admit i burst into fits of angry tears... i get sad, but then my mind paints these gorgeous, vibrant paintings of her, and i imagine her having converstations with all sorts of interesting people... and i feel that she's happy... or do i make mayself believe that?... anyway, i think about her, and it does seem like a battle sometimes just how to think about her being away.... there is still so much to say.

6:07 AM  
Blogger {illyria} swam up to say...

i came here late, and so i posted a little goodnight and goodbye to jenn a few posts back. it's still night here where i am, and somehow, it just gets a little darker thinking about how quirky fate can be and how quickly people can leave you. but you're right. morning comes with light. xx.

~the girl FKA transience

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home