Monday, July 17, 2006

undead monkey fish

10 points to mysfit for mentioning her ellipses. i enjoy them as well.

your words are true. grief is selfish at times. the depression i feel right now is shaped like jenn and has flavors of self-pity and loneliness, and them two are most certainly selfish things to feel, but they are springing from a common loss and i think that takes away a little bit from the selfishness. we're all shouldering a different part of the same grief as well as the emotions that come along with.

shared selfishness maybe?

all i know is that this would be too intense to go thru alone. i'm truly thankful for everyone right now. i've been avoiding the little breakdowns by trying to smile my way through them, but it builds up. i cracked hard and it took three days to pick the pieces back up. it's a constant ache and i have to fight tears so often. it sneaks up on me at work. it hits me like waves. coming home is hardest. i still say hello and goodbye. i'll keep looking at the empty seat beside me for a long time.

how do you continue when your reason is gone?

ok melodrama.

the new cd is coming along well. proxy is doing well. i found a new house to live in and she has two flights of stairs she can play on. i hope joe and yuhei can learn to live with her and that their injuries are few. i saw pirates with my sister and penny yesterday (they both say hi) and we three agree that it really kicked ass. i don't know what anyone who was disappointed is talking about. the next one can't come out soon enough.

i've brought you an undead monkey.

best line ever. go see it. let me know, i'll come with. proxy has decided i can't blog anymore, so good evening.

6 little fish:

Blogger Carl V. Anderson swam up to say...

I'm so glad both you and Mysfit enjoyed Pirates. I am at a loss as to the negative reviews, at least from those who say they 'loved' the first one. I don't get it. It was so much fun and I too am looking forward to next May for number three.

11:23 PM  
Blogger IanBradley swam up to say...

I need to see that movie, baaaad.
I hate critics.
I look forward to seeing the new place.
Tell Proxy something sarcastic for me!
IB
Bloggie always gives me funny shit to type to ensure my identity, this time it was Fupco.
The mind plays with what sort of organization that name belongs to.
heh heh

1:55 AM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

ooo play mind play on... Fupco huh? hmmm

carl - i too am looking forward to number three - the only critique i think i have is that the second one doesn't stand alone, like they split one movie into two with a long intermission as oldben put it.

i think oldben and i feel very similar about the movie. it was wonderful but jenn was so looking forward to this movie it broke my heart, but only after we left the theater.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson swam up to say...

I think most second movies are like that though. Empire Strikes Back and The Two Towers don't really stand alone either and they are probably my favorite two 'act two's ever. They both do a better job of it than Pirates 2, but it has a definite beginning, middle and end even though the end is definitely not a true end.

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous swam up to say...

I am so glad you went to see it. Jenn was sooooo excited about this movie. I hope it comes to the imax here. Cyn

3:40 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

I LOVE THE UNDEAD MONKEY (even if I don't understand why it is still undead...)

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home