Wednesday, June 28, 2006

this little fish of mine, i'm gonna let it shine....

dear jenn see,

i think talking at your celebration yesterday was one of the hardest things i have ever done. you know how much i love talking in front of people anyway, but there were so many people there... and it was beautiful.

i keep thinking of things i meant to say. like how i am so grateful to your family for sharing their jenn with me and for allowing me to share a little of the light from the jenn i know. and how every one has their little light - the jenn they know - and each little light, like a brightly colored fish... but then, you would say i was being abstract and melodramatic and to get to the point.

oh and i really meant to call you a fashion-diva, if only for laughs.

but there's time enough to say everything that needs to be said. there's time enough to make you understand, no matter how stubborn you are. i think i have enough spirals for that. each little fish - a spiral on spirals.

love,
mysfit

5 little fish:

Blogger monkey 0 swam up to say...

hey, mysfit. you're a tough one, you know that? I mean, I always figured, but now I know.

you're right about the fish, too. melodrama or not (and she busted me for that once or twice) that light is taking me places, right now, I never in a million years expected. but then, that's Jenn for you, isn't it?

and time... yeah, you got time. we're listening.

1:59 AM  
Blogger forgottenmachine swam up to say...

This will probably be one of the few times I can say something like 'speaking for all of us' and get away with it.

So, speaking for all of us, we were there with you. Not sure if you noticed us, but I think Jenn might have.

2:22 AM  
Blogger banzai cat swam up to say...

Beautifully said, mysfit. And I second FM and monkey 0. We're here and we're listening.

5:31 AM  
Blogger Elaine swam up to say...

hey mysfit,

I don't know what to say, but if I don't say ANYTHING, I'll just simmer with annoyance at myself. Having a sister myself, I can maybe understand how weird and difficult all this is for you. But I do think you're very strong, and that's one of the things that instantly made me like you so much. Really - I rememnber when I first saw you. I was so happy that I got to be roommates with you, Penny, Zach, and Jenn. When I moved to Florida I would feel homesick at times, and having a connection with Jenn, even if it was just a blurb about one of my pics now and then, really meant something to me. Now I know a little more how much, but it's one of those things... I always thought I'd get to know Jenn more. I was so looking forward to sharing my pics of europe with her... in a way, I still will, of course.

Your talk at the celebration was beautiful, and hit me so deep, I can't even say in words. I definitely agree about her light. I hope I have a nice, shimmery-shiny amber & turquoise fish inside me from Jenn. I love you mysfit, and I hope you will always have the confidence to write/draw/whatever more and more and more...
:)

8:02 PM  
Blogger Ratzfatz swam up to say...

mysfit,

I don´t have any words to discribe .... I feel with you and with here family!

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home