Thursday, June 29, 2006

distracted abstract fish

dear jennsee,

looking over my last letter, i realized that like always, when you tell me to get to the point, i've already forgotten what i was talking about. as you said, there are boulders in my conversations.

what i meant to talk about before my fish wandered off, was that it is so neat to hear and see all those little lights: like someone telling me that you warned them about melodrama too. like how at one point in your celebration, pastor mike told us to turn to our neighbor and share a memory of you. that was cool because that was all we spent the weekend doing, between gasps and tears, we reminisced not just about you, but about everything and i learned more about my friends and you and above all about myself.

WE are the music-makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.
-from Arthur O'Shaughnessy's Ode

love,
mysfit

p.s. hey what do you want? i told you i was made by hallmark

7 little fish:

Blogger Carl V. Anderson swam up to say...

That sounds like it was a wonderful memorial celebration, Mysfit.

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous swam up to say...

Thank you again for being in my daughter's life. Hope you are really coming out soon. We will have a board meeting first. After that there will be weeping,wailing gnashing of teeth, and than laughter for our dear JennSee. Love, "other Mom"

5:10 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

carl - thanks much to oldben and "other mom", it was just about perfect. perhaps i'll work together a better description, though most of my posts right now are to jenn adn she was there, you know

i'll let you know, mom. things are a bit difficult due to all of this and work, but i will be out just as soon as i can.

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous swam up to say...

Mysfit, I have an idea for a tribute to Jenn I'd like to do on my blog. However, I would need your help. If after some time passes you feel you might want to do that, perhaps you could drop me an email.

I was thinking of you all on Tuesday.

9:59 PM  
Blogger Prmod Bafna swam up to say...

Seemed like a very nice way to have a memorial indeed.

5:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous swam up to say...

I'm here from Prmod's blog tribute.
Heartfelt condolences about Jennsee's passing. I'm so sorry for all of you.

Ironically the first two lines are on one of my favorite t-shirts
"WE are the music-makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams."
I never knew where those words came from until now, but I love music and believe strongly in dreams. Thank you for this information and take care.

8:56 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

they were quoted in by Gene Wilder in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Facotry (1971) - another of jenn and my favorite movies

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home