Wednesday, April 27, 2005

inspirational fish

my fish may not have mottos exactly, but it sure likes to talk


Do one brave thing today... then run like hell!

Do something that scares you everyday.

...the adventure may be mad, but the adventurer must be sane.
-G.K. Chesterton

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
-Dylan Thomas

May you live all the days of your life.
-Jonathan Swift

Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.
-Isaac Asimov

Never knock on Death's door: ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!
-Matt Frewer

Seriousness is the only refuge of the shallow.
-Oscar Wilde

I am not young enough to know everything.
-Oscar Wilde

The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is at all comprehensible.
-Albert Einstein

I am here by the will of the people and I'm not leaving until I get my rain coat back!
-Dream Years by Lisa Goldstein

A countryman between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.
-Benjamin Franklin

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
-Mark Twain

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
-Mark Twain

I am very gullible. I believe everything I say, even though I know I'm a liar.
-Lord of Light by Roger Zalazny

Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self.
-Cyril Connolly

Say not, 'I have found the truth,' but rather, 'I have found a truth.'
-Kahlil Gibran

How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?
-Sherlock Holmes (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)

The difficult I will do now; the impossible might take a while.

We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, with so little, for so long, we are now qualified to do anything, with nothing.
-The Metro Para pledge

Be as radical as reality.
-Lenin

I learn of other people's thoughts to ultimately understand my own.

Ok, that's probably more than enough for today. If I didn't attribute the quote it's because I didn't know who to give the credit to. I welcome anyone correcting me on my attributions. And perhaps next time, if you are good little fishies, I will add links...

7 little fish:

Blogger Carl V. Anderson swam up to say...

That picture is great!!! Wonderful, uplifting post. I especially love the Swift quote (i think there's an 'r' missing at the end of the second 'you')

I've been thinking about doing a favorite quotes post sometime and this was really fun and very encouraging. I believe we all need regular reminders to live and look and learn and love and enjoy this life we are given...we need to revel in the good times and bad and suck the most life out of each and every situation and circumstance. I appreciate the admonition to be brave and live brave. Thanks Mysfit! ;)

3:37 PM  
Blogger Skrambled Egghead Reborn swam up to say...

HAH! That picture is frickin' hysterical! Great quotes too.

10:19 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

carl, you make me smile! yes, it's very important that we are reminded to jump up and down on beds, smell the flowers and realize that in life, if you're not having fun, you're probably doing something wrong.

tescosuicide: Welcome! I'm glad to see you follow your fish! I think Mark Twain became one of my heroes when I saw the disclaimer at the beginning to Huck Finn.

Thanks Skrambled!

11:16 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson swam up to say...

Speaking of jumping up and down on beds I love the line in Finding Neverland where J.M. Barrie (Johnny Depp) makes a reference to not putting boys to bed early as they so quickly become men and then he watches them jump on the beds and out the window.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson swam up to say...

I hadn't even noticed the cute little purse-carrying penguin in the background the firs time...how very awesome!

2:16 PM  
Blogger banzai cat swam up to say...

Penguins rock! Mind if I steal that pic? ;-)

5:36 AM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

nope - stole it myself, it's been going around email with that caption.

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home