Tuesday, May 03, 2005

i am following my fish

Without the need to cast my bobber adrift on the web and find the perfect catch today, I have freed my mind to find a more ethereal, thought provoking fish. So now as I gaze across the vast blogginess of the bloggosphere and see the poet blogs, the photo blogs, the story blogs, the movie, music, art and cultural blogs, the blogging blogs and other blogs and I think about fish in a broadly categorical sea.

So where in all of that, is my fish that I am following?

What is the point of this post?

Blog: short for web-log; an electronic log of well, whatever you feel like logging electronically.

Cooking blogs and booking blogs; author blogs and shopping blogs; industry blogs, cinematic blogs and style blogs; active blogs, didactive blogs, disentangled quiet blogs... Onto other blogs - all the fish in the sea (see sidebar list) and I like to cast my line.

So here in my fish, where I feel the most comfortable, I place the things I find at the the end of my line for all my friends in far away places, even those I have never met.

"I am following my fish because my fish knows where to go."

7 little fish:

Blogger Carl V. Anderson swam up to say...

What if you eat your fish? What happens then?

2:07 PM  
Blogger phylos swam up to say...

Would it be the same as in Being John Malkovich?

4:01 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson swam up to say...

maybe...sort of a Being John Malkofish!.....I'm terribly, terribly sorry...the demons of bad humor took over. I've got them back under control now, honest, I swear.

6:07 PM  
Blogger oldben swam up to say...

curse you carl v! why do we have to share the same taste in terrible puns and jokes? you may have beaten me to malkofish, but it won't happen again, rest assured.

7:30 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

if you swallow you fish then i guess you lucky bastards get to follow your stomach - wherever it may lead you

If your fish swallows you - Jonah - then you will have no trouble (or choice) following your fish

and that pun, horrible as it was, Carl, was fish-tastic

11:44 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson swam up to say...

Sorry Ben...it was tearing at the fabric of my soul and I had to let it out! Bad pun demons are very persuasive!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson swam up to say...

and phylos, thanks for the set up line! :)

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home