Wednesday, March 01, 2006

my fish is having a bad week

my fish is...
a) not sick.
b) refusing to admit to any kind of ill feeling.
c) hates being at work but does not get any paid sick days.
d) all of the above.

my fish is...
probably swimming in the half-inch of standing water that mysteriously appeared in my basement between 8 and 9p.m. last night.

my fish can't wait until that woman is out of my house.

my fish didn't mind swimming in the water, not even really spending an hour mopping up water. what my fish minded was one of fishy's roommates panicking even though the water had stopped gushing from wherever it came from and another talking about how the housing management company should put us up at another property or grant us compensation. they both left for the night.

my fish thinks i smell a little funny because i couldn't take a shower this morning.
my fish slept strangely because we also couldn't use the toilets last night.

my fish is...
at least partly grounded in the real world and just hopes that the housing company actually gets it taken care of quickly and doesn't try to screw us by charging water damage to our security deposit.

my fish just spilled coffee up my sleeve.
my fish just wants to go back to sleep.

my fish is...
a little pissed off. After choosing a school, being accepted to said school and setting up all the financial aid for the school, my fish found out the program that i signed up for is not offered at nights.

my fish feels like it has been deceived to up enrollment rates.
my fish doesn't like feeling like a statistic.

my fish has been bitching a lot to the few wonderful little fishies who swim up this way and is thankful to have this outlet.

my fish loves you for reading.

9 little fish:

Blogger anne swam up to say...

Your fish sounds like it could use a bit of a break. I hope it gets it soon.
So that school scam, it means you can't in fact attend any of their courses?! Shame on them. Hopefully you'll find a way...?

1:14 PM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

anne- no i can take classes, just some lame gen-ed classes that i need to get out of the way anyway and will be paying almost three times as much as taking them at a community college. i'm just pissed that the admissions people told me nothing about this - it's time to rethink my strategy

jenn - i will be waiting

1:20 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson swam up to say...

I'm so very sorry for all the misfortune piling up at your doorstep...or in your bathroom...all at the same time. I hope all the fish line up very, very soon and bring you nothing but sugerplums and rainbows. Or at the very least a working toilet and shower. You are indeed not alone and we all feel your pain, thanks for sharing with us and in turn sharing our pain whenever we are the ones with ill-fated fish in our ponds.

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous swam up to say...

Oh, woe is me. We all seem to be having a not so great week. Ask Jenn See about mine. Your other Mom

7:58 PM  
Blogger Mr G swam up to say...

your fish will soon find better waters, I'm sure!

11:22 PM  
Blogger JP swam up to say...

Illegitimus non carborundum! Send the admissions dept. an anonymous manila envelope filled with spit and vulture feathers. It won't help,but it is only fair.

12:58 AM  
Blogger mysfit swam up to say...

thanks everyone! a quick update: still working with the admissions people and the carpting people have declared my basement a toxic waste danger - but hey, things are looking up - it's friday after all!

jenn - jam every other day is just fine with me - mustn't over due the jam - oh and i hope you get a hot shower soon, that stinks

carl - thanks for you support but i hope you don't really feel my pain, i want you all to be happy and just listen to me rant

jp - that's not a half-bad idea; not half good, but it might make me feel better...

mrgonsings - cleaner ones at least

other mom - "oh, woe is me" - you are definitely your daughter's mother :) - i hope things look up for you soon

10:41 AM  
Blogger IanBradley swam up to say...

I have found the world after an exaustive search through dimly lit and winding hedge rows of melted thoughts and sideshow attractions, only to find that my absolutely favorite person not in the god forsaken wastes of new jersey had a horrible day and I was too busy looking for the world to see it. I am sry mysfit for the misfortune, I sent you my magic mops but the faerie couriers I used ran off to the woods with them(I should have seen that comming). So instead I gave you more bugs to read about and as I type Keenan is dictating her recollections of her travels with a certain Scarecrow to my dedicated commando of termite scribes (they etch it into planks of cedar, simply delightfull)
Be happy, have fun. Don't make me come out there. (or do)
Ian Bradley

4:43 PM  
Blogger alix swam up to say...

poor lil fishies.
bad academic meanies. gen ed blows.
i hope this finds everyone dry, warm, rested, well and compensated.
it's a lot to wish for, but wish it i do.
ghostie alix

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home